Monday, April 2, 2012

A Lifetime Commitment..

..is what I've given this Scoliosis of mine, and will continue to do so.

The curves have regressed, yes. After the posterior fusion surgery in October 2002, the curves were approximately 20 to 30 degrees each, corrected from its origin of between 90-100 degrees. Prior to surgery my lower curve reached approximately 98 degrees if I recall correctly.

The latest xrays show that the curves have increased (or in a more "correct" medical term.. it has regressed/returned to ...) to between 40-50 degrees. Both upper and lower curve.

No wonder I've had severe pain and aches since carrying and giving birth to Ilan.

Indeed the reality is that I had always known the curves are regressing. Denial is a silly, but sometimes unavoidable thing.

Sometimes I get discouraged, dealing with this Scoliosis for the past 20 years has been challenging, emotionally and physically. But when I look at many many others who are in worse situations, I thank God for this life that I have with its many blessings.

Onward my friends, it's onward.This is the only way to deal with this. Never look backwards.

So I will continue to do what I can for myself and my Scoliosis today. No use thinking about what could have, should have and would have.

This Scroth Method. I pray it works.

No comments: