Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Guilty As Charged

I've been guilty for not blogging often enough. Guilty of not replying to comments and emails soon enough. My deepest apologies for that. Always.

Life's demanding and don't we all know it. Everyone's singing that same song now.

I'm going to be selfish for a minute here and update on my progress.

Since starting the gym and having a trainer who designs the workout programs to fit my curves and needs, I've lost 6 kilos and it feels great. Not specifically because of vanity purposes (heck, who am I kidding, right? A girl's has needs to be vain!), but mainly because I feel lighter and healthier. My spine really does feel stronger.

I am absolutely serious when I say I have never felt this strong in my life.

Strengthening the back muscles have helped tremendously in improving my quality of life. I can now help my son onto the throne, or even into a supermarket trolley (I couldn't do this before because my back would ache badly afterwards). I can now get on my knees to scrub the kitchen floor (although being pampered by good ol' husband is always a good thing to have, LOL). And I can now pray like a normal person with little limitations. Rukuk, sujud, duduk tahiyat awal and akhir.. they're all doable now. This is super awesome to me because I haven't been able to pray this way since I had the implants put in during the first surgery in 2002.

I still take it slow and am always very careful before doing a strenuous activity, but regular exercise and training has given my scoliosis some miraculous progress and improvement.

Okay that's enough of the me-news. Now on to something else.

Physiotherapy.

Lets talk physiotherapy.

1 comment:

Chris said...

I have posted my entire description. Of how I removed ALL of the tension, causing my son’s infliction of Idiopathic Scoliosis. I have proved a tight tendon causes Scoliosis. It is a hidden tension. Anyone with Scoliosis can try the test I propose, to identify the tension in the presence of their doctor. Ask the doctor why the leg cannot be elevated. And then the stretch I describe that I used to remove the tension causing my son’s infliction of Idiopathic Scoliosis, if the doctor will allow it. How can doctors not understand to cause a back to get that distorted it has to be tension. The tension needs to be recognized and removed, before an angle has formed. Again, I am not a doctor. I am just describing my opinion, and the WONDERFUL RESULTS I was able to attain. In removing the cause of my son's Idiopathic Scoliosis. When the angle increases to 40 degrees, Spinal Fusion surgery is normally performed to stop the progression of the angle. I have been able to reduce the intensity of my son's angle, by 20%. Just from doing one stretch. He now has no problems. Not like after a year of doctor prescribed treatment, where his angle increased. I have been able to reduce his angle by 20%, just from performing one stretch. Scoliosis Prevention & How I Lessened the Intensity
WWW.SCOLIOSISPREVENTION.US